Latigo Idelle Women's Sandals Hush Hush Hush 91e5a3
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
NIB Lindsay Phillips Switch Flops Lily BROWN CORK + 5 extra straps SZ 6M 1210,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Alice & Olivia Jenna Espadrille Platform Wedge Sandal Black 9.5US 39.5EU Display,
Women's Rieker bluee Silver Detailed Slip On Mid Heel Platform Sandal,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Ladies Remonte Diamante Casual Hook And Loop Strap Sandals R5276,.
LADIES CLARKS SENSE LILY SLINGBACK PARTY CASUAL SUMMER LEATHER SANDALS HEEL SIZE,Alegria Vita Womens Patent Leather Slip On Womens Comfort Sandal Water Resistant,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Steve Madden Womens Santi Leather Open Toe Special Occasion Strappy Sandals,
- Women's shoes High Heels Sexy colorant Match Zipper Sandals Ankle Strappy Party,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- RIALTO shoes CARPIO Women's Boot, Grey Suede, Size 6.0,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Sam Edelman Women's Regis Heeled Sandal,
Rieker Women's V9462 Closed Toe Sandals Beige (Nude 62) 3.5 UK,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Paloma Barcelo sandal with raffia and rope wedge,
- Salomon RX Break W, shoes of Trail Woman,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Chaco Women's Zvolv 2 Athletic Sandal,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Women's Wedge Sandals OTBT Indio in Copper,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
CAPRICE Women’'s 23202 Derbys Brown (Camel Waxy Nap 352) 7.5 UK,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- SCHOLL SOTIRIA BioPrint sandalias pantuflas zapatillas zuecos chancletas women,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
LAURA VITA Belinda 08, Sandales Plateforme Femme,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.MARCO TOZZI Women's's 2-2-22132-22 Ballet Flats Pink (pink Met. Comb 532) 6 UK,
Marc Fisher Sesame Womens Wedged Sandals Medium bluee Suede 6 US 4 UK,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- CLARKS Women's Juliet Lora Loafer, Pewter Leather, Size 6.0 US 4 UK,
- L'Artiste Spring Step Womens Novato Flat Dress Sandals Green Size 40 EU 9 US,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- NEW BEBE SONORA LEATHER Size 7 M BLACK SHOES SANDALS STRAPPY 4 3 4 HEELS WOMEN,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Merrell Terran Ari Lattice Silver Lining Comfort Sandal Women's sizes 5-11 NEW,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Sandali Trasparenti Tacco 12 Plateau Cinturino Eleganti Comodi PLEASER POISE-508,
- Rohde Alba 5624 17 Women's House shoes Sandals Slippers Canvas,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Ladies open Toe ankle Buckle slim high heels stilettos party denim sandals shoes,
BZ480 LORBAC shoes grey shiny leather women sandals EU 37,5,EU 38,EU 38,5,EU 39,Onesole Women's Leisure Patchwork Sandal,
Stuart Weitzman Wedge Womens Size 7.5 Camel Lanyard Woven Barbados Sandals,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Ladies Clarks Slingback Flat Sandals 'Tri Chloe',. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Stuart Weitzman Florette Silver Chains Slide Sandal Size 9M B1326 ,
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Width:||Medium (B, M)||Model:|
Does Not Apply
Jessica Simpson Women's Jeena Heeled Sandal Black Satin Sandals,