Sam Edelman Audrey Women Women Women US 9.5 Nude Sandals New 12ce2e
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Tory Burch Satin Bellini bluesh Scallop Open Toe Platform Flip Flops Size 8M,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Tory Burch NWT Bima Espadrille Wedge Sandals 10 Open Toe shoes Heels,
Spring Step Frauen Liberty Peep Toe leger Leder Slingback Sandalen Beige Groesse,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Otto Kern 70497 Leder Keilsandalette black 186555,.
Suecomma Bonnie Black Suede Silever Embellished Flat Sandals shoes Sz 36,Rieker Strike-Panama-Scuba women Anti-stress Sandales Sandalettes 68872-25,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Sam Edelman Womens Harriet- Pick SZ color.,
- Skechers Paralle Midsummers Weave Sandals women,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- BCBG Frauen Flache Sandalen Beige Groesse 7.5 US 38.5 EU,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Olukai U'I Pewter Sahara Flip Flop Comfort Sandal Women's sizes 5-11 NEW,
Skechers Women's Reggae - Jabby Bungee Webbing Slide Sandal, - Choose SZ color,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Clarks Artisan Leather Low Wedge Slides Parram Waltz Black 5.5M NEW A306057,
- BADGLEY MISCHKA Womens Humble Open Toe Bridal Ankle Strap Sandals,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
SAS Laguna Comfort Sandals Olive gold Leather US 10M Mint Condition,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Ladies Padders Mule Sandals Dhalia,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Gabor Sandale Samt Blockabsatz 40mm -42.841.42 Größe 37,5 NEU,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Skechers Women's Whip It-Carnivale-Adjustable Slingback Platform Sandal,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Antonio Melani Size 10 M Beige Tan White Leather Heels Sandals New Womens shoes,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Andre Assous Women's Brenda Espadrille Wedge Sandal, Taupe Suede ( Size EU 37 ),
NEW Papillio Arizona Ladies Lavender purplec Textile Mules Sandals Size 3.5 EU 36,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Reef Women's Stargazer Sassy Sandal,
- GRACE CONTINENTAL shoes 826470 gold,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Vionic Women's Rest Sahara Black Backstrap Sandals Size 6,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Laplume Jen Womens Comfort Sandal Euro shoes,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Nina Frauen Offener Zeh besonderer Anlass Riemchensandalen silver Groesse 8.5 US,
- Hush Puppies Women's Dalmatian Tstrap Wedge Sandal, Black, Size 10.0,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Nine West Women's Allium Leather Espadrille Sandal - Choose SZ color,
DOLLS KILL I AM GIA DARK RYLIE CHAIN PLATFORM SANDALS SIZE 10 CAN FIT 9 TO 10,GINA Black Heeled Sandals With Silver Embellishment, UK 6 US 9 EU 39 Heel 4 ,
AG401 GIANNI MARRA shoes black suede women sandals EU 36,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI NATURAL TURQUOISE STONES SANDALS NUDE 37 SHOES gold,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Aerosoles Women's Swim Chlub Gladiator Sandal,
Tamaris Women's 1-1-22320-22 941 Closed-Toe Pumps Silver (Silver 941) 6.5 UK,