Ryka Women's Felicity Walking shoes, Grey, Size Size Size 6.0 jmbk b11fbb
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Rieker Roy Preston Eagle shoes women Sandales Sandalettes Mocassins Azur,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
BADGLEY MISCHKA Womens MP3643 Leather Open Toe Bridal T-Strap Sandals,
RIALTO shoes CARPIO Women's Boot, Grey Suede, Size 6.0,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Ladies Rieker Hook & Loop Sandals 67369 ,.
Manolo Blahnik Womens Flip Flops Sandals Black Nylon Crystal Trim Size 40 10,ALDO Women's Shorr Heeled Sandal,, Light Pink, Size 9.0,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Fly London shoes Femme 36 Sun Sandales Compensé Escarpins Salomés Neuf UK3,
- Lauren by Ralph Women's Carmondy Espadrille Wedge Sandal - Choose SZ color,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Ivanka Trump New Daylana White Womens shoes Size 8.5 M Sandals MSRP 125,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Women's blonding T-Bar Sandalen Bionatura 24 A 996blue,
SVEN Diamond Strap Clog SANDALS Ladies 42 12 Brown Leather Wooden HEELS shoes,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Stuart Weitzman Jabow Beige Womens shoes Size 6 M Sandals MSRP 398,
- Women's shoes EDDY DANIELE 7 (EU 37) sandals platinum leather AW688,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Lucky Brand Women's Hafsa Flat Sandal,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Fly London Yake Pearl Perforated Leather Ankle Strap Wedge Sandal 39 8-8.5 New,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
LAURA VITA Dune 04, Sandals Flange Ankle Woman,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- J. Crew shoes Marcie Wedges Natural Indigo bluee & White, Women's Size 8.5, New,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Born - Womens - Toco, Brown Rust Combo, Size 7.5 TNs5 US 5.5 UK,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.women Rieker V5773 Metallizzato Sintetico Sandali con Zeppa,
KENNETH COLE Women’'s Lex Ankle Strap Sandals Black (Black Multi) 6 UK,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- NEW Jeffrey Campbell Hola Gladiator Sandal size 9 MSRP 115 Leather,
- Caparros Womens Armani Open Toe Special Occasion, Mushroom Metallic, Size 7.0,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- LADIES RIEKER 69720 SLIP ON BLOCK HEEL OPEN TOE SLINGBACK VEGAN SANDALS SIZE,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Badgley Mischka Women's Honey Flat Sandal - Choose SZ color,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- PLEASER Infinity-901 Series 9 Heel Sexy Exotic Platform Slide,
- ECCO women TOUCH 25 S SANDALS Snakeprint Ankle Strap Leather GREY EU 39,US 8-8.5,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Steve Madden Women's Ida Sandal,
TEVA MIDFORM UNIVERSAL GLAM BLACK GLITTER STRAPPY WOMEN'S SANDALS SIZE 10 NEW,Aegoldsoles Frauen Sandalen mit Absatz blue Groesse 8.5 US 39.5 EU,
ZARA NEW VELVET SLIDES SANDALS WITH FAUX PEARLS REF. 6664 201,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Stuart Weitzman Accent T-Strap Dress Sandals, Fossil Suede, 7.5 US Display,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
A2 by Aerosoles SPOWSE Womens Spowse Slide Sandal- Choose SZ color.,
Vince Camuto florrie Womens Heeled Sandals Black True Suede 5.5 US 3.5 UK,