Merrell Women's Revalli Link Sandal - Choose SZ color color color dd6eaa
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
BADGLEY MISCHKA Frauen Platform Sandalen silver Groesse 7 US 38 EU,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Ganter Sonnica-e, Open Toe Woman,
Jessica Simpson Womens Piume, Black Suede, Size 7.5 Fe97,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.ZARA SNAKE PRINT LEATHER HIGH HEEL LACE UP SHOES SANDALS ANKLE BOOTS 38 UK 5,.
Madeline Women's Ravaging Sandal Bark Synthetic Sandals,Naturalizer Women's Jenah Wedge Sandal Taupe gold 6 M US,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Free People Cynder Gladiator Sandal Vachetta Natural EU 37 US 7 138NEW OB482732,
- Josef Seibel Sandaletten Tonga 25 7851943 800 white,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Lucky Women's VENEESHA Dress Sandal Almond 10 M US,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Gabor Promise 82.711.55 Peanut Womens Leather Summer Strappy Wedge Sandals,
Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens Meira Silver Thong Wedges 6.5 Medium (B,M) BHFO 5286,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Chris-T Womens Open Toe Mules Sandal Flats Studs Flip-Flops Strappy Studded...,
- Art 0440 Mojave Cleta, Sandals Flange Rear Woman,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
New Women's ROCKPORT Leather M to M Cross Slide Sandal shoes Size 6.5 Black,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Finn Comfort Jersey Soft Navy Leather Slingback Sandals Sz 36 Germany,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
LADIES RIEKER 624B4 SLIP ON STUDDED WEDGE SANDALS SUMMER VEGAN SIZE,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- LADIES CLARKS ORABELLA IRIS BUCKLE LOW HEEL SLINGBACK CASUAL SUMMER SANDALS SIZE,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Ladies Remonte Low Block Heel Sandals - R5247,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.New Pour La Victorie Kasey Leather Sandals size 7,
Fabulicious Women's Clearly 436 Ankle Strap Sandal Black Satin Dress Sandals,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Kork-Ease Pearl Ghillie Sandals Womens Sz 10 Gladiator Tan Brown Leather shoes,
- BARBARA BLK SILVER LMMSSA60 Womens shoes Size 11 EUR 41 Leather Sandals Mephisto,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Ladies Padders Laura Wide Fitting Summer Sandals,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- K JACQUES gold St Tropez Kirielle Platform SANDALS shoes FR 39 US 8 Orig 300,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Vince Women's Karissa Heeled Sandal,
- Manolo Blahnik Sz 8.5 M Burgundy Leather Slip On Heeled Sandals shoes For Women,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Dansko Women's Martina Mule, Tan, Size 10.5 LLjT US 8.5 UK,
Clarks Women's Brielle Drive Dress Sandal,women Office Supermoon Fibbia Dettaglio Sandali con Plantare Pony black Effetto,
Kenneth Cole Reaction Women's Frida Fly 2 Perforated Sandals 9M Black NIB,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.L'ARTISTE BY SPRING STEP WOMEN'S WEDGE SANDAL COLOR NAVY SIZE 8.5 M US NEW,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Aldo Nydaycia Womens Wedged Sandals Natural Print 6 US 4 UK,
Chaco Z 2 Classic bluee Peace Comfort Sandal Women's sizes 5 and 6 NEW,