Ladies Ladies Ladies Rieker L0577 bluee Synthetic Slip On Closed Toe Sandals 4c3b20
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Womens Rhinestone Floral Velvet Platform Heels Ankle Strap Slingback Prom Sandal,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Nine West Womens Heeled Sandals orange Nubuck 8 US 6 UK,
NEW MATERIA PRIMA GOFFREDO FANTINI SANDALS SLIDES 40 US 9 Pink BLACK BUTTERFLY,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Skechers women Natural sin Cordones de Dedo Sandalia en el Camino Luxe Agraciado,.
248.00 Donald J Pliner Sania, Women's Slingback Sandal, gold SZ 7M,New Anthropologie Vicenza Striped + Dotted Heeled Sandals Size 36,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Zeppa BIONATURA 29A733 TM in nabuk testa di mgold - shoes women,
- LSpace by Cocobelle Women`s Sandals Fringe Natural Leather Slip On Sandal NWT,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Sandal Born Bouvet Easy Black Full Grain Leather,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
VIA SPIGA CYNNA Green Man Made Designer Sandals Open Toe 6.5 M,
Madeline Women's Unicorn Heeled Sandal Light Mud Textile Heeled Sandals,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Rebecca Minkoff 81 Slip On Slide Sandals 122, gold, 7 US,
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Womens Linden Open Toe Casual Ankle, Camel, Size 10.0 hBT,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Vince Camuto Ekerd Ankle Strap Sandal Black White Snake print 8.5M NIB,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Eastland Faye - Olive Suede Triple Buckle Footbed Slide Sandal,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Skechers Cali Women's Turtledove Platform Sandal - Choose SZ color,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- UNITED BAMBOO shoes 352286 Black 35,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Vionic Womens Bella II Lizard Purple Size 10,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.New STUART WEITZMAN Gala pearl pink leather slingbacks sandals shoes 5,
Vionic Women's Naples Platform Sandal - Toe Post Sandals with Concealed Arch ...,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- SONIA RYKIEL SANDAL PAPILLON VERN NEW SIZE 39,
- Tory Burch Cut-Out Wedge Flip Flop in Fresh blueeberry Wild Pansy,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- M2762 New Women's Clarks 60002 Black T-Strap Sandals US 6 M,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Rieker Women's Sandals, Beige, Touch Fastener, Soft Inner Sole , NEW,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Touch Ups Women's Jazz Wedge Sandal,
- Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Women's Monroe Ankle Bootie, Tan, Size 6.5,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Vince Camuto Womens Eliaz Navy Dress Sandals shoes 9.5 Medium (B,M) BHFO 5949,
Ladies Padders Wide Fit Open Toe Hook & Loop Synthetic Strappy Sandals Lesley,Clarks Sz 9.5 Wide Black Slip On Loafer All Day Comfort Soft Casual shoes Womens,
Sanita Ditte Green Clogs Sandals 36 6,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Ladies Rieker Slingback Loafer Sandals '47190',. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Seychelles LANDSCAPE Womens Landscape Wedge Pump- Choose SZ color.,
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Heel Height:||Flat (less than 0.5")||Sole:||Synthetic|
Merrell Women's Around Town Thong Buckle Print Sandal Fiery Red,