Haflinger Womens Bio Emma Open Toe Casual Slingback Sandals, Sandals, Sandals, Khaki, Size 5.5 de8dc1
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
LADIES RIEKER ANTISTRESS 41390 SLIP ON LEATHER LOW WEDGE CASUAL SUMMER SHOES,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
RIEKER LADIES 66584 SLIP ON JEWEL TRIM SLINGBACK SMART HEELED EVENING SANDALS,
Gorgeous SBICCA Ladies' Brown Leather Espadrilles NIB Size 8,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Tory Burch Women's Size 8 Monroe Spark gold Leather Casual Flip Flops ZZ-1136,.
Womens Fly London Tear Bridle Camel Leather Flat Low Wedge Sandals Size,Nine West Women's Xen Leather Dress Sandal - Choose SZ color,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Gabor Sport, Ultralight, Samtchevreau, black (Steine), Best-Fitting, Weite F 8,
- Warriror Men's Gladiator Knee High Sandals - Brown,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Nine West Women's Braddy Synthetic Dress Sandal - Choose SZ color,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Sam Edelman Women's Drea Fashion Boot, Brown, Size 6.0 US 4 UK,
Sigerson Morrison Women's Bunny Gladiator Sandal, Platino, 6.5 M US,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Aerosoles Women's Skyway Ankle Boot, Wine Suede, Size 7.0 US 5 UK,
- MARCO TOZZI 28121, Sandales Bride Cheville Femme,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Earth Origins Womens Taye Leather Closed Toe Casual Slingback, Grey, Size 11.0 a,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Womens Remonte Slingback Sandals 'D7642',
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Sigerson Morrison beaded sandals size 10,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- shoes BRACCIALINI women Sandali Alti BIANCO Pelle naturale 1637.S,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
248 Marc Jacobs Genuine Rabbit Fur Slip-On Sandal blueE Size UE 36 US 5.5,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Pleaser Womens Bejeweled-601DM Platform Sandal- Pick SZ color.,
WOLKY WHITE LEATHER LOAFERS SLINGBACK DRESS SANDALS SHOES US WOMENS SZ 9 EU 40,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Touch Ups Women's Celeste Wedge Sandal,
- Kickers Sushidue shoes Femme 41 Sandales Nu-pied Espadrilles Escarpins Neuf,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Ladies Rieker Elegant Toe Post - V9591,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Womens shoes CARRANO 6 (EU 39) sandals beige gold nabuk strass BT451-39,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Vince Camuto Women's Varenia Wedge Sandal - Choose SZ color,
- Bogs Womens Todos Slide Sandal- Pick SZ color.,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Lilly Pulitzer White gold Jeweled Wedges shoes Sandals 8.5,
LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Frauen Harietta Offener Zeh leger Leder Knoechel Riemen S,Steve Madden Womens Carrson Suede Open Toe Special Occasion Ankle Strap Sandals,
CAFè black WOMEN'S SANDALS SUEDE ICE NE502,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Sandali 122933 MTNG MUSTANG SANDALI women BEIGE Sandals,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
SOLDINI shoes women's sandals open high casual leather wedge heel strap,
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||5.5||Width:||Medium (B, M)|
David Tate Womens hello Fabric Open Toe Special Occasion Slingback Sandals,