Nwt Marc Marc Marc Fisher Black Leather Ankle Strap Platform Wooden Sandals Size 11 68879b
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Born Womens Puno Buckle Ankle Strap Slip-On Casual Comfort Wedges Sandals shoes,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Womens Bernie Mev, Crystal Slip-on Sandal GREY MULTI 39 M,
ECCO Freja Womens Flat Sandals Black 9 US 7 UK xol2,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Giani Bernini Frauen AIKKO Offener Zeh leger Leder Slingback Sandalen black Gr,.
Clarks Womens Tiffani Oribel Sandals,Lucky Women's Lk-Sortia Wedge Sandal, Dark Driftwo, 10 M US,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- The North Face W Hedgehog II, Sandals sports woman,
- Bass Monica Cafe Womens Toe Ring Size 8M,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Miz Mooz Verona Cassidy Flat Brown Women's Sandal Size 39 EUR,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Fly London Women's Trim Flip Flops Red (Scarlet) 3 UK,
Cole Haan Women's Briella Grand Ii Wedge Sandal - Woodbury Ivory - 10 M,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- NAOT Women's Narrow Brown Distressed Leather Lace up Sandals. Sz US 7 EU 38,
- women CLARKS Sandali- UN vlaencia- pelle strappy- OTTIMO PREZZO,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Salvatore Ferragamo Jelly Thong Slipper Size 9,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Born Womens Giverny Leather Open Toe Casual Gladiator Sandals, Tan, Size 10.0,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Aegoldsoles Womens Heeled Sandals Denim Fabric 8 US 6 UK,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Cole Haan W08724 Womens Grace Grand Sandal 85MM- Choose SZ color.,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Ros Hommerson Lucky Womens Heeled Sandals Black Micredouch 8 US 6 UK,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.New Women's ROCKPORT Leather M to M Cross Slide Sandal shoes Size 6.5 Black,
Genuine Leather Women's Casual Sandals Metal Chain Flats Slippers Comfort Beach,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- TS35 Karlee2 Strappy Evening Sandals, bluesh, bluesh, Size 8.0 US 6 UK,
- Padders CRUISE Ladies Womens Extra Wide (3E 4E) Summer Sandals Metallic Reptile,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- BY229 G. P. PER NOY BOLOGNA shoes white leather women sandals EU 35,EU 37,EU 39,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Padders GEMSTONE Ladies Womens Leather Extra Wide 3E 4E Sandals Black Reptile,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Sofft Frauen Mystic Offener Zeh leger Leder T-Strap Sandalen,
- Ladies Clarks Mena Blossom Smart Leather Low Wedge Heel Sandals - D Fitting,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Rieker Preston-Dipinto-Wintu-Scuba shoes Anti-stress Sling Sandals L0577-12,
Ladies Padders Casual Hook & Loop Sandals blueebell,bluee by Betsey Johnson SB Marry Women US 9 Ivory Satin NIB,
Haflinger Gina, Women’s Mules Black (black 781) 8 UK,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Vibram FiveFingers KMD Sport LS Lace Ladies Barefoot Minimalist shoes,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Paul Green ANKLE BOOTS Suede Leather Women Mismatch R 3.5 L 4 UK Size 389,
Avec Les Filles Womens Audra, Black Microsuede, Size 8.5 kQ52 US 6.5 UK,