Sam Edelman Women's Dakota Gladiator Sandal, Natural, Size 7.5 7.5 7.5 e351a6
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Alex+Alex Ombre Strappy Leather Sandal, 7.5,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
DKNY Colby T-Strap Dress Sandals, Kid Suede Linen, 6 US 36 EU,
Pleaser Women's Delight 601RBS Platform Slide Clear PVC Neon Multi Sandals,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.DELIGHT-609RS - 6 Stiletto Heel, 1 3 4 Platform Peep Toe Ankle Strap Sandal Fe,.
Vionic Frauen Flache Sandalen black Groesse 8 US 39 EU,'Ladies Clarks' Unstructured Strappy Sandals - Un Adorn Vibe,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Womens Harietta Leather Open Toe, Modern Navy, Size 11.0,
- LADIES WOMENS RIEKER L0577 CLOSED TOE CASUAL BEACH SHOES SLIP ON SUMMER SANDALS,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Kenneth Cole New York bryanna Womens Heeled Sandals Black 8.5 US 6.5 UK DbnX,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Women's Mayari sandal Black color Sz 38 Medium (7-7.5us),
Onex Womens Terri Open Toe Special Occasion Slide Sandals,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Clarks Frauen Annadel Eirwyn Offener Zeh leger Platform Sandalen,
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Frauen Crash It Offener Zeh besonderer Anlass Knoechel Rie,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Earth Origins Womens Taye Leather Closed Toe Casual Slingback, Grey, Size 11.0 a,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- ALDO Women's Alaeniel Flat Sandal,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
NEW VANELI DIXON PLATINO WITTY (BEIGE) METALLIC LEATHER COMFORT SANDALS SIZE 7.5,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Womens Rieker Memosoft Sandals - V5778,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Born Kendyl Bronze Metallic Sandal - Size 8,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Padders COASTLINE Ladies Womens Leather Extra Wide (2E) Open Toe Sandals Navy,
J.CREW STRAPPY LEATHER LADY METALLIC gold SANDALS IN SIZE 10 NEW,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Sandal Louise et Cie Almeyna Dutchess Silver,
- NEWPaul Green PG Embellished Women’s Sandal Slip On Flip Flop Sz 9 US 309 62,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Womens shoes CULT 3 (EU 36) sandals white leather BT548-36,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Lucky Brand Women's Lupa Sneaker,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Sandales femme TBS INAYAH greye (coloris TBS = black), neuve avec boite P 38,
- Pleaser Women's Flair-401-2 B M Sandal Black Patent 9 M US,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Women's shoes EDDY DANIELE 7 (EU 37) sandals multicolor leather AV452,
IGI & CO. WOMEN'S SANDALS, WEDGE LOW, IN WHITE LEATHER ART. 58031,Dansko Vienna Womens Slides Black Full Grain 6 US 4 UK yoVE,
Enval Soft P19u shoes woman sandals 3286566 STEEL,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Adult Women Ankle Strap Pf Studs & Skull Charm Detail shoes Sandals,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Bar III Frauen Fiana Offener Zeh leger Gleit Sandalen black Groesse 5.5 US 36,
Steve Madden P19f shoes femme sandales a talon SELFISH CIPRIA,