Cole Cole Cole Haan Womens Cielo Leather Open Toe Casual Strappy, Limoges Suede, Size 6.0 e49647
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Hush Puppies MEG RIVA Ladies Womens Ankle Buckle Strap Flat Summer Sandals Navy,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Thalia Sodi Carsyn Womens Heeled Sandals pink gold 7.5 US 5.5 UK,
Katy Perry Frauen the margot Offener Zeh leger Gleit Sandalen,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Oboz Women's Campster Sandals Black 6,.
Lucky Women's Genevie Nubuck Mid-Calf Leather Sandal,Via Uno 21110610 Flip Flops Leather Ice 155783,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- TILA MARCH shoes 043721 Green 38,
- Pleaser Women's Adore 709MCT Ankle Strap Sandal Black Crushed Velvet Dual Tinted,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Steven Womens Vanya Heeled Sandal shoes,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Steve Madden Womens Jupiter Flat Sandal- Select SZ color.,
Sz 6 NEW EILEEN FISHER sandals Black stretch elastic leather link sport,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Ariat Women's Unbridled Ellie Cactus Print Sandals - 10027424,
- Dansko 36 Strappy Sandal Green Metallic Leather Ankle Strap Stacked High Heel,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Adrienne Vittadini Frauen Flory Spitzenschuhe leger Wildleder Flache Sandalen,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Steve Madden SLITHUR Womens Slithur Dress Sandal- Choose SZ color.,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Sam Edelman Women's Sammy Black Suede Sandal Size 8.5 M,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Geox D Sand.vega a shoes Donne Sandali women Esterno Sandaletti D52r6a000ekc,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Sandals shoes ESPINTO 246 green,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Katy Perry Womens The Alexann Suede Open Toe Special Occasion Ankle Strap San...,
shoes STONEFLY Femme black Cuir naturel 108427-000S,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Keen Womens Bali Strap Black Steel Grey Size 11,
- Kenneth Cole New York Lex Womens Heeled Sandals Pink 8.5 US 6.5 UK,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- See By Chloe Women's Sb16058 Sandal See by Chloe SB16058 sz 8.5,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Womens Remonte Slingback Sandals - D7642,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Tory Burch- bluee Leather & Canvas Loafers Sz 6.5,
- Ladies Rieker T-Bar Antistress Sandals - V1759,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Rieker Women's 67169-90 Bout Ougreen gold (Titan Murmel 90) 6 UK,
B.O.C Womens PADRON Leather Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals,Ash shoes 560397 Purple 37,
Cute Ellie Black 7 Pointed Stiletto Sandal LED Glow Up shoes Adult Women,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Munro American Lanai Women's silver snake print slides sandals sz. 9 SS,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Pleaser Women's Adore 701RBS Platform Slide Clear PVC Neon Multi Sandals,
Toe Warmers Wanderlust Boston Women's Boot, Camel-suede, Size 8.5 US 6.5 UK,