UK Women Platform Sandals Open Toe Stiletto High Heels Heels Heels Strap shoes Plus Size 2-9 2804ba
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
FREE PEOPLE BRAND NEW TERRACOTTA WRAP WEDGE SANDALS SIZE 10,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
New Frye Women's Black Melanie Mule Sneaker Size 8.5,
Munro American Riviera Women's bluee shimmer slide sandals sz. 10 M,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Ladies Rag & Bone “Lara” Natural Sandals Size 6.5 -7,.
Nina Frauen Ninon Offener Zeh leger Gleit Sandalen black Groesse 8.5 US 39.5,Stuart Weitzman Womens Flat Sandal, Black, 5 M US,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Miz Mooz Women's Allure Flat Sandal - Choose SZ color,
- Women’s Sandals AVEC MODERATION Slippers Slip On Fur Credver Size UK 5 EU 38,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Sandals On-The-Go 600-Radiant Skechers Beige Women,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Women's Teva Tirra Athletic Sporty Sandal Plum Truffle,
Pons Avarcas Classic Sandal - Women's,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Reef Women's Fanning Flip Flops Grey (Grey Purple Gpp) 7 UK,
- Corso Como Women's Spa Champagne Soft Tumbled Metallic Flat Sandal SZ 9 M,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Les Tropéziennes par M. Belarbi Bastia, Sandales compensées femme,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- women FLY LONDON TRAM bride arrière Cuir Sandales Semelle Compensée chaussure,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
BY508 CAPRI SOLEAE shoes platino cuero women sandalias EU 37,EU 38,EU 40,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Earth shoes Womens Keri Leather Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap, Taupe, Size 10.0 Kp,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Lola Cruz Women's High Heel Fringe Sandal, Cuero, 38 EU 8 M US,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.TORY BURCH Tan Leather gold Chain Rella Crochet Festival Sandals,
women Rieker 65972 Cierre Adhesivo Informal Tira en Tobillo Peep Toe,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Charles David Black Leather Sandals Size 11 Womens Flowers NWOT,
- Franco Sarto Frauen Gem Offener Zeh leger Leder Gleit Sandalen,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Womens Harietta Leather Open Toe Casual, Tan, Size 8.5 ig,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Tory Burch Strappy Multi-color Ankle Strap Leather Sandals Woman's Size 8M,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Sanita Daisy bluee Snake Print Leather Mary Jane Slingback Open Toe Buckle 38 7,
- Badgley Mischka Women's Veil Ii Heeled Sandal, gold, Size 7.0 dizs,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Womens Munro brown patent leather flip flops sandals sz. 11 W,
Tory Burch Beige Canvas Wedge Mule Tan Royal espadrille Slip On Sandals Size 8 M,Kenneth Cole New York Frauen Darla Offener Zeh besonderer Anlass Wildleder Riemc,
Vero Moda Women's Vmthea Leather Sandal Loafers gold (Pale gold Pale gold) 5 UK,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Merrell Women’'s Around Town Thong Buckle Print Heels Sandals Red (Firey Red),. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Schutz Millie Satin Platform Sandal,
PUMA Tsugi Shinsei, orange, Size 9.0 US 7 UK,