Adidas Sports Sports Sports Women's White Leather cb803c
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Adidas B41661 Women Gazelle Casual shoes green sneakers,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
ADIDAS WOMEN'S ORIGINALS EQT ADV RACING SHOES B37092 CORE BLACK CORE BLACK PINK,
AO2722-001 NIKE WMNS Praktisk Women's Sandals Slippers Comfortable_RC,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Womens ADIDAS CAMPUS W Mesa Leather Trainers DA9254,.
Nike Dunk Flyknit Casual Mens shoes White Black Grey 917746-100,OG 2005 NIKE TERMINATOR LOW SNEAKERS VTG RETRO DUNK AIR BNIB DS US 10.5,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Adidas Stan Smith Bling Glitter Silver Metallic Black Womens Trainers S80958,
- Nike Lupinek Flyknit Cargo Khaki ACG Men Sneakerboots Outdoors shoes 862505-300,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Adidas Durama W BA7394 black halfshoes,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Nike Air Max Zero Essential Right Foot With Defect Discoloration Men 876070-003,
Adidas Women's Casual Classic White Sneakers Low-Top Lace-Up Glossy Toe,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Adidas ORIGINALS NMD_R1 Women's Training Running shoes B37650,
- Nike Air Max 95 Esencial Zapatillas Hombre Soldado Summit whiteo,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
8.5 WOMEN'S Nike Air MAX LUNAR FLYKNIT GREY blueE WHITE CASUAL WALK RUNNING 7Y,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Nike Women's Free TR 7.5 Running shoes White Elemental pink 904651-102,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Women's Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit 2 Cross Training shoes Size 6 924595 040 NIB,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Nike Women's Roshe Two Athletic shoes Sneakers White 844931 100 New Size 8.5,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Nike Air Max Flair Men's Sneaker, Grey, Size 9.5,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.NIKE AIR JORDAN 6 BRAZIL PACK + CP3 Sz US11.5 UK10.5 688447-920 World Cup 2014,
NIKE AIR MAX SEQUENT 2 RUNNING SHOES WOMENS SIZE 8 MAX SEQUENT 2,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Nike Flex Supreme TR 5 Women's Dark Grey Hot Punch-White shoes (852467 003),
- Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 Football Cleats White Black Oreo SZ ( 917165-105 ),
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Adidas Court Adapt Sneaker (Women’s) in True Pink True Pink FTWR White,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Nike Air Huarache Run PRM Women Running shoes 683818 012 Sz 7.5 New,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Nike Women's Shox Gravity Running shoes,
- Adidas By Stella McCartney White Women's Pureboost X Tr 3.0 Sneakers Size 6,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Nike Women's Air Zoom Pegasus 35 PRM Running shoes 8.5 Grey,
Nike Kawa Adjust [834818-001] Men Slides Black White,NIKE Men's Court Royale Premium Casual Sneakers, Black-anthracite, Size 7.5,
SHOES WOMAN ADIDAS STAN SMITH W B41750,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Adidas Pharrell Williams Tennis Hu Sneakers Ash Pearl Size 6-9 Womens NMD Boost,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Adidas Womens Ultra Boost Ladies Running shoes Footwear Sports Trainers White,
Nike Air Max Trailwind 8 Womens US 11.5 Black 805942,