Adidas Edge Lux J Grey Haze Haze Haze Coral White Kid Junior Women Running shoes B42194 bd818f
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Adidas Stan Smith W Copper White Kettle Metallic pink S79411 Size 5-11 LIMITED,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Women's Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged W Running shoes Black ultraboost Size 10 NEW,
Adidas Superstar C77153 Originals Women Sneaker White Black shoes Size US 4-4.5,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Womens Nike Shox Gravity color - Red Crush Womens Size 11,.
Black Slippers Nike Benassi JDI M 343880-015,New Adidas Original Womens SUPERSTAR WHITE WHITE B37986 UNISEX SIZE TAKSE,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Womens adidas bounce shoes 6.5,
- ADIDAS EVERYN SLIPON W SNEAKERS WHITE CQ2060,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Adidas Originals Women's Adizero Defiant Bounce Tennis shoes - Choose SZ color,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Adidas Originals NMD_R1 STLT Primeknit W [CQ2028] Women Casual shoes Ash Pink,
Women's Nike Flex 2017 RN Black Metallic Grey Pink Running 898476-009 Size 7,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Nike Foamposite SPACE TECHNOLOGY NASA Men's WINTER Boots US 7.5,
- AUTHENTIC NIKE ROSHE HAWAIIAN ALOHA US WOMEN SZ 5 KHAKI RATTAN SUNSET GLOW SAIL,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Nike Free RN Women's Running shoes 831509 601 Size 8.5,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Nike Women's NIKE LUNARACER +3 Pink Flash Raspberry Red-Armry Navy 7 US 38 EUR,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
WOMENS ADIDAS ORIGINALS EQT BASKETBALL ADV SZ 9 ASH PEARL WHITE GREY AC7352,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Adidas Women's Solar Boost W Running shoes Black (Negbás Gricua Ftwbla 000),
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Adidas Originals Women's Athletics 24 7 W Cross Trainer, - Choose SZ color,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Adidas NMD R2 PK Primeknit Linen Beige Khaki Tan Pink Womens shoes BA7260 Sz 9.5,
ADIDAS SNEAKERS NMD R2 W PINK WHITE CQ2007,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Adidas Gazelle Casual shoes W Womens BA9596 OWHITE,White,goldMT Womens Size 9,
- Nike Air Jordan 10 Retro OVO Drake Men's shoes Summit White gold 819955-100,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Nike Roshe One Flyknit Voltage Green White-Lucid Green 704927-305 Womens SZ 7.5,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Adidas Originals Samba Women's White Snakeskin Leather GUM Brown 7 shoes Sneaker,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Nike Womens Particle pink Tanjun Premium shoes Size 7 Medium (B, M),
- Adidas NMD_R2 W [BY8691] Women Casual shoes White Grey,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Nike Benassi Slip Men's Sneakers shoes Black Vast Grey-Vast Grey 882410-005,
WOMEN'S UNISEX SHOES SNEAKERS ADIDAS ORIGINALS 3MC [B22706],Nike Air Jordan Retro 1 High NRG Homage to Home 861428-061 W RECEIPT SHIPS BOXED,
NIKE MAGISTA OBRA II AG-PRO TOTAL CRIMSON-BLACK SZ 11 [844594-807],. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Nike Zoom Purple Glitter Lightweight Mesh Running shoes 11,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
WOMENS BLAZER MID SUEDE VINTAGE 518171-614 SIZE 10,
NIB MENS Nike MercurialX Victory VI 6 DF TF Black White Dark Grey 903614 002,