Nike W Air Force 1 Upstep PREM LX Premium Dark Dark Dark Stucco Green AA3964-001 8 8.5 848827
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
New Nike SFB Jungle Realtree Camo Special Field Boots Coyote Brown Mens 11.5,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
NIKE MAYFLY WOVEN FASHION SNEAKERS JADE GLAZE DUST SUMMIT WHITE 833132 300,
NIKE Men's Comfort Slide 2 Sandal SZ 12,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Genuine Adidas Women Trainers Originals HYKE Micropacer A0H-006. Eur 36.5,.
Women's Adidas PureBOOST x ATR Size 9.5 Running shoes BY2691 NEW Free S H ,WOMEN'S ADIDAS ORIGINALS POD-S3.1 SHOES, WHITE, Sz 6.5-9.5, B37459,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Adidas Originals Stan Smith W Off White BB5165 Women Sizes NEW 100% Authentic,
- RARE Nike LeBron x NSW Lifestyle Dark Loden Brown Leather Gum US 12 604826 300,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Adidas Women's Iniki Runner CLS Fitness shoes Pink 5 UK,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Adidas CG6070 Prophere Running shoes gold white sneakers,
[BA7213] Womens Adidas Originals NMD_CS2 Primeknit Sneaker - Pearl Grey White,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Adidas Originals NMD_R1 STLT PK W Semi Solar Yellow Women Running shoes B43838,
- NIKE iD WOMEN TIEMPO LEGEND LEGACY FG RED-YELLOW SZ 8 [653768-992],
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Adidas Stan Smith Adicolor S80250 Womens shoes,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Adidas Womens UltraBOOST X Neutral Running shoes Cloud White,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Adidas mi Tubular Radial Women Origina,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- New ADIDAS WOMEN'S RUNNING SOLARBOOST SHOES ASH GREY ONIX HI-RES YELLOW,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Nike Wmns Pegasus 33 Womens Zoom Air Running shoes NWOB Pick 1,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Nike Air Max 1 QOH Queen Of Hearts Black orange White 631366 006 Women's Size 9,
WMNS Nike Air Max Sasha (916783-002) Size 7 Wolf Grey,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Adidas Performance Womens Pure Boost X AQ6681 Size 5.5 Black Shock Green,
- Adidas Originals Women's Superstar Decon Sneakers Size 6 us BY8703 LAST PAIR,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- NIKE HI VANDAL GREY SZ 8 US AIR FORCE 1 SB DUNK JORDAN,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Nike Air Mix Down Cheerleading Dance shoes Women’s Size 9 Used 312758 103,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Nike Supreme Vandal Black 9.5M US,
- Mens Adidas Ultra Boost Trainers White White bluee Trainers shoes,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
1808 adidas EQT Support ADV Women's Training Running shoes CQ2253,
Women Nike Roshe One Running & Lifestyle shoes Oil Grey Storm Pink 844994-008,1807 adidas ORIGINALS SUPERSTAR SLIP-ON Women's Sneakers Sports shoes B37193,
NEW ADIDAS WOMEN'S ALPHABOUNCE 1 W CG5400 CORE BLACK GREY RUNNING SHOES SNEAKER,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Adidas Originals ARKYN PK W Primeknit Boost Talc Linen Women Running shoes B96509,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Adidas Women's Stella McCartney Pureboost X Running Pink CP8886 SZ 5-11,
Nike Kynwood Mens Winter Boots Black Size 8.5 [862504-001] New in Box,