NEW Nike Dunk Low Pro SB Sz Sz Sz 9 Spanish Moss Sandal Wood 304292 321 dceeae
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Adidas Womens Purebounce+ w Running shoes, Adult, White Black Chalk Pearl Running,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
NIKE AIR FORCE 1 LOW TEAM RED METALLIC gold BLACK WMNS SZ 10.5 315115-671,
Nike Air Max 98 Black White Silver Mens Running shoes Sneakers 640744-010,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.WOMEN'S GRAND COURT SNEAKER COMFORT ATHLETIC CLASSIC LOOK CASUAL SHOE WHITE RED,.
SNEAKERS women ADIDAS CONTINENTAL 80 W G27722 TENNIS WOMEN SHOES SNKRSROOM BIANC,NIKE FREE TR FOCUS FLYKNIT Womens Crossfit Training shoes 844817 002 Black Copper,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- WOMENS PREOWNED NIKE AIR MAX SIZE 7.5 KUC337,
- Adidas PureBOOST Go W Women's shoes size 8.5 B75666 NEW,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Adidas Originals Superstar Womens Athletic Sneakers White shoes BA9915 New US 7,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Adidas Originals Basket Profi W Turquoise White Metallic gold Suede Q23190,
Adidas Tubular Shadow Womens Sneakers Grey,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- ADIDAS ORIGINAL FORUM LOW SNEAKERS WOMEN SHOES BLACK WHITE Y9347 SIZE 9 NEW,
- Nike Ultra Comfort Slide Men's Sandals Slides Slippers Size Flip Flops New,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
MEN'S NIKE SFB FIELD 8 BLACK TACTICAL MILITARY POLICE BOOTS (631371-090) SZ 10,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Nike Women's shoes Free 5.0 Bright Mango Size 6.5 NWB,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
2016 WMNS Nike Air Force 1 Hi SE SZ 7 Black Dark Grey Obsidian 860544-003,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Adidas WM Originals Tubular Dawn Running shoes Light Brown CQ2511 UK3.5-6.5 03',
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Sneakers Nike Air Max 95 Stussy original New in box,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.shoes ADIDAS Woman BIANCO Fabric,PU BA7233,
New NIKE Lunarglide 8 Size 12 M Racer bluee Men’s Running shoes RETAIL 120,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Adidas Nmd_R2 Women shoes Women's Originals Casual Trainers White Black CQ2009,
- Adidas UltraBOOST W 4.0 Multi-color White Womens Running shoes BOOST DB3211,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Nike Air Max Command Women's Running shoes 397690 018 Sz 6 Light Bone White,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Adidas U_Path Run Womens G27644 True Pink orange Mesh Running shoes Size 7,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Adidas Stella McCartney Ultra Boost X Size 6.5 Womens Sneaker BB6267 Ultraboost,
- Adidas Grand Court Sneaker (Women’s) in FTWR White Core Black FTWR White,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Adidas Women size 8.5 Adizero Tempo 9 Running Training shoes Sneakers Cp9498,
Brand New Nike Reax Running Athletic shoes for Women 7.5 38.5 Silver pink,red Adidas Questar Ride B44830,
Nike Air Max 95 Essential Mens Trainers Trooper Summit White,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Adidas Originals Women's Superstar Rize S75071 Women Sneakers shoes White,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Adidas PureBOOST Go W Noble Trace Maroon Women Running shoes Sneakers B75768,
Adidas Tubular Viral2 W Womens BY9745 UTIBLK,CBLACK,White Womens Size 9,