TEVA TERRA FI 4 LA LA LA MANTA BLACK SPORT HIKING SANDALS, WOMEN US 10 EUR 41 NEW 948938
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
Very Volatile Women's Forward Heeled Sandal,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Bohemia Roman New Women Flat Boots Sandals shoes Genuine Leather Tassel Open Toe,
DKNY SAIGE Tan Leather Designer Sandals Platforms 9.5 M,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Vince Camuto Womens Lendia Leather Peep Toe Dressy Shooties shoes BHFO 6241,.
Cuple Womens Sandalia Hebillas Serraje Fuego Ankle Strap Sandals Red (Red),Bill Blass Frauen sabrina Spitzenschuhe leger Flache Sandalen,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Callisto Womens Elora Open Toe Beach Platform Sandals, Black, Size 10.0,
- L'ATELIER TROPEZIEN Womens Tricolor Talon Gladiator Sandals 7 UK,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Nine West Women's Koolkat Suede Dress Sandal,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Naturalizer Women's Faith Dress Sandal - Choose SZ color,
French Sole Berry Natural Suede 8.5M NEW,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Gaimo shoes 744269 Black 35,
- Rieker 62461-90 Ladies Womens Suede Leather Wedge Slingback Sandals Floral Multi,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
Puma x Rihanna Fenty Bow Slides Olive Branch 365774-01 WNS 7.5,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- Windsor Smith Sandals Bess Black Black,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
New DONALD PLINER Size 8 Brown STIMA Wedges Sandals Slide shoes,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Henry Beguelin Very Beautiful shoes Size 37, US 7 Original Price 480,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Via Spiga Women's Melanie T-Strap Sandals Black Granite Size 10 M,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Pleaser Women's Aspire 609G Ankle-Strap Sandal Black Glitter Black,
Polo Ralph Lauren shoes 963155 bluee 5.5B,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Joie Women's Lahoma NIB NEW W SHOE BAG SVT-2733 VELVET SIZE 7.5 EUR 37.5,
- Nine West Frauen howrude Offener Zeh leger Knoechel Riemen Sandalen mehrfarbig G,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Loeffler Randall Women's Cat Flat, Mint Black, 5 M US,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Born Womens - Petula, Tan, Size 8.0,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- NEW Rare Women Dansko Brown Leather WOOD GRAIN Sophie Sandal 38 7.5 8 SALE 135,
- NEW Red VIA SPIGA Suede Leather Slides Sandals Heels Embroidered 7.5 M ITALY,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
Steve Madden Women's Seaashor Wedge Sandal,
Touch Ups Women's Fran gold Glitter Heeled Sandals,BZees Women's Dashing Wedge Sandal,
Sbicca Lawrin Women's Sandal 8 B(M) US Natural,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Dragonfly Pique Jon Josef Flat Slip-on Slide,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Justin Reece Womens Platform Back Strap Open Wedge Leather Sandal Size UK 3 - 8,
Tamaris Women's's 1-1-28246-22 Ankle Strap Sandals White (White Silver 191),