Sonia Sonia Sonia C shoes 752256 Silver 36 36c1b0
If you are like most people, you feel cold every now and then during the winter. What you may not know is that just being really cold can make you very sick.
Older adults can lose body heat fast—faster than when they were young. Changes in your body that come with aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. A big chill can turn into a dangerous problem before an older person even knows what's happening. Doctors call this serious problem hypothermia.
NIB Zara Red Ankle Strap Sandals Size Eur 40 USA 9,
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.
Vince Camuto Women's Averie Wedge Sandal,
Grey Flowered Sandles on the Post of VINCEZA,
Living in a cold house, apartment, or other building can cause hypothermia. In fact, hypothermia can happen to someone in a nursing home or group facility if the rooms are not kept warm enough.Rockport Women's Gail Zip Ankle Bootie, Black Microsuede, Size 8.5 2gwf,.
Dansko red leather sandals - Size 39 8 - New,Pleaser FLAMINGO-808LG Womens Flam808lg Cforwardslashbg Platform Sandal,
Here are some tips for keeping warm while you're inside:
- Geox Womens Mary Karmen 1 Wedge Sandal, White Navy, 36 M EU (6 US),
- NWOT Seychelles Colada wedge, size 7, retails 125,
- Dress warmly on cold days even if you are staying in the house. Throw a blanket over your legs. Wear socks and slippers.
- When you go to sleep, wear long underwear under your pajamas, and use extra covers. Wear a cap or hat.
- Frye Reese Mules Sandals Multi Slide Open Toe Brown Leather 73207 Womens Size 9,
- Drink alcohol moderately, if at all. Alcoholic drinks can make you lose body heat.
- Ask family or friends to check on you during cold weather. If a power outage leaves you without heat, try to stay with a relative or friend.
Marc Fisher SHAINI Womens Heeled Sandals medium brown 7 US 5 UK Jp,
OLUKAI WOMENS SANDALS HO'OPIO WHITE ONYX SIZE 6,
A heavy wind can quickly lower your body temperature. Check the weather forecast for windy and cold days. On those days, try to stay inside or in a warm place. If you have to go out, wear warm clothes, and don't stay out in the cold and wind for a long time.
Here are some other tips:
- Dress for the weather if you have to go out on chilly, cold, or damp days.
- Carlos by Santana Women's Nancy Heeled Sandal - Choose SZ color,
- Steve Madden Frauen Briele Offener Zeh leger Flache Sandalen,
- Wear a waterproof coat or jacket if it's snowy.
- Change your clothes right away if they get damp or wet.
A'rcopedico lighthouse 6894 Sandal 6F Snk Mouse Beige 37 US 6.5 NEW ARCOPEDICO,
Some illnesses may make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Thyroid problems can make it hard to maintain a normal body temperature.
- Diabetes can keep blood from flowing normally to provide warmth.
- RockPort Cobb Hill Collection Ireland, Black, Various Sizes, CBR10BK,
- Memory loss can cause a person to go outside without the right clothing.
Talk with your doctor about your health problems and how to prevent hypothermia.
Nine West Frauen 8 Mahogany Offener Zeh leger Flip Flops black Groesse 9 US 4,
Here are some topics to talk about with your doctor to stay safe in cold weather:
- Ask your doctor about signs of hypothermia.
- Women's shoes OLGA RUBINI 6 (EU 39) sandals platinum leather BS160-39,
- Ask about safe ways to stay active even when it's cold outside.
Jessica Simpson Women's Kyndalle Flat Sandal - Choose SZ color,
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a person has hypothermia. Look for clues.Miz Mooz Yasmina Wedge Sandals In Red Leather, Brand New In Box, 8 38.5,
Nine West Women's Intimate Sandal - Choose SZ color,
Early signs of hypothermia:
- Cold feet and hands
- Puffy or swollen face
- Pale skin
- Joie Women's DEA Heeled Sandal, Dijon, 37.5 M EU (7.5 US),
- Cuplé Women’'s Sandalia Elásticos Media Serpiente Marino Platform Sandals,
- Acting sleepy
- Being angry or confused
Later signs of hypothermia:
- Ladies High Heel Slingback Buckle Strappy Pointy Toe Leopard Party Sandals shoes,
- Stiff and jerky arm or leg movements
- Slow heartbeat
- Slow, shallow breathing
- Women Mid Wedge Heel Open Toe Buckle Ankle Strap Sport Sandals shoes Creppers sz,
Call 9-1-1 right away if you think someone has warning signs of hypothermia.
What to do after you call 9-1-1:
- Try to move the person to a warmer place.
- Via Spiga Frauen Flache Sandalen black Groesse 7 US 38 EU,
- Italian shoesmakers Womens Ella Dress Sandals,
- Do not rub the person's legs or arms.
- Do not try to warm the person in a bath.
- Do not use a heating pad.
NIKE AIR HUARACHE HUARACHE ULTRA WOMENS SANDALS SHOES UK 3,5 EUR 36,5 US 6,
Vince Carlita Black Suede Espadrille Flip Flop Sandal Size 9,Volatile Women's Paiges Wedge Sandal,,
RIEKER LADIES 65969 HOOK & LOOP CASUAL STRAPPY SUMMER OPEN TOE SANDALS,. They may be able to give you information about weatherizing your home. This can help keep heating bills down.Vince Camuto Frauen Flache Sandalen black Groesse 7.5 US 38.5 EU,. Your local Area Agency on Aging, senior center, or social service agency may have information on these programs.
Jessica Simpson Womens Ellenie Fabric Open Toe Special Occasion Strappy Sandals,
|Condition:||Pre-owned : |
An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Item which there is little feeling of wearing, and is not worried about a dirt and damage”|
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||55||Color:|
Does not apply
Sandal Free People Daybird Mini Wedge Black,